Kentucky and Southern Indiana Debt Collection Attorneys
Experienced attorneys handling collection cases
Deatrick & Spies, P.S.C. is trusted by clients across Kentucky and southern Indiana to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. We provide our clients with legal advice and litigation services at every level of state and federal court. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accounts, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms, used car dealers and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
Louisville attorneys committed to providing results
We can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Replevin actions subject to creditors’ liens
- Breach of contract actions
We are dedicated to delivering an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, our attorneys also review our clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, Deatrick & Spies, P.S.C. makes sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
- Receipt and review of your files
- Demand letter — In commercial collection cases, we send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, we work with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule. In consumer cases, all aspects of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act are followed starting with the sending of a validation of debt letter to the debtor.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond to our letters, we seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once the suit is filed, our attorneys move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, our attorneys vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
- Judgment — A judgment gives us the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. We attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, we can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition and testify about the finances.